Monday 30 July 2007

Flickr Meet - Roseberry Topping

This month's flickr meet started out at The Buck Inn @ Great Ayton. It was good to meet up with everyone again and after a brief foray into the town for Ice Cream (true to form - I opted for a cuppa instead), we drove to the base camp and started the long trek upwards. I'll post some pictures later of the more traditional type, but once we got to the top, I unveiled my tyre - clearly I couldnt leave home without one and carrying a full size tyre up the topping would have been out of the question so I borrowed one from Alvin's remote control truck - it had to be done - really - it did have to be done - I am making a mental note never to leave home without one. For the discerning reader who doesnt know what I am going on about - take a look here.

Nefarious on top
Damn thing keeps getting in my shot
Which fool brought a tyre !
The Nefarious One loves being....

The other bit of silliness on the top involved parachutes and moo cards. For those unfamiliar with Moo cards - they look like this....
Hmmm, this place looks familiar

When attached to a parachute, they look like this during launch....
Fly away and be free
Fly away and be free....take two
Reach for the sky

Some people find them a little strange, perhaps hard to figure out...
What is this strange flying object?!?

...but when in full flight they can be both graceful and beautiful...
Airborne

...and even have their own strange mating rituals....
Ritual mating dance
Tug of war

No comments: