Sunday 12 August 2007

SIRF 2007

I wandered along to the annual Stockton International Riverside Festival last Sunday as a volunteer photography for Tees Valley Community Media. Now people shots, crowds, bands, etc isnt really my type of thing, so volunteering for these TVCM events is an attempt to stretch my photographic abilities further.
There were flags everywhere on the approach.
Flags
I took a wander through the fairground first, watching the spinning rides, watching the way long hair was flung outwards by centrifugal force
All the fun of the fair
As I came back through past the main fringe stage I was surprised to see Paul Weller and the New Jam on stage!
Paul Weller
I took lots of shots, way too many to post process, somewhere in the region of 250.
Superfly Stilts
Mimbre - The Bridge #3
Wildcats of Kilkenny
We Start Fires
I'm still getting used to asking people in the crowd if they mind me taking their picture, it feels a little alien to me, but every now and then, you come across someone who comes and ask you to anyway!
Ere...take my picture
I think my favourite act of the day was Grupo Puja, with a band on stage singing (chanting?!?) strange haunting sounds and a seperate team performing aerial acrobatics.
Grupo Puja #3

No comments: