Monday 10 December 2007

Alone against the elements

Those who know me or that see alot of my images will recognise the "standard lamp" which sits on the end of the groynes as a warning to boats not to come closer.

Tonight was a freezing dusk, the tide was high up, lashing the coastline and the northerly wind biting and tugging at me. I crouched down and set my tripod up low to try to keep out of the worst of it and kept a watchful eye on the ebb and flow to make sure I didnt get washed away!

I tried a number of apertures/shutter speeds at the far end of my zoom, trying to isolate the solid red part of the groyne against the wild of the sea. This one is the one I like best from that set. It is almost as it came out of the camera, a little white balance adjustment, resizing, noise reduction and sharpening. Even the darkened edges occurred naturally, though I am not sure how or why.

No comments: