Monday 17 March 2008

New Photospace Gallery in Whitby

Well, I have been invited to display some images for sale in a new gallery in Whitby. Time is a bit tight - the opening is on Easter Saturday - so I have been dashing around getting prints and frames sorted and all that sort of stuff, in between updating my website.

I bought most of the frames myself and had the RGB labs do the professional printing. When I went to collect them, they were all the wrong size, but they were really helpful, acknowledging the problem immediately and did a second batch on the spot while I waited.

The image of the Abbey on the right is one taken last September, but only recently processed. It is said that Bram Stoker penned Dracula here, and Whitby attracts a fair number of goths, hosting two gothic weekends each year. Its a great place to visit.

This is possibly one of my images on display and available to buy. If you find yourself at a loose end on Easter Saturday, get yourself down to Whitby and say hello, I will be around most of the day and the gallery is on Skinner Street, just next to the Post Office.

Wish me luck for the opening day!

No comments: