Sunday 30 September 2007

Roxanne

This rather strange looking "lady" belongs to my brother in law. Him and an artist friend spent many a drunken evening decorating and drawing on her flawless skin. He has kept it ever since.

As she wasn't quite fully dressed and is a full length figure, I decided to allow her some modesty and only photograph her face. I quite like the stark red behind her, it seems to compliment her painted lips and is perhaps fitting for the subject.

It reminds me though, of a girl I know who once suggested that bondage photography was where the money was at, as one of her friends was pursuing it as a career choice.

I think I need to spend more time focusing (no pun intended) on portraits, especially the use of various lighting arrangements. Not specifically this type of subject, but generally. Volunteers please!

No comments: